Founded in 2000 by North Dakota business, government and education leaders, TechND (formerly the Information Technology Council of North Dakota) continues to advocate for a positive technology business climate, address workforce needs, encourage infrastructure development and provide knowledge-sharing opportunities for its membership, which consists of North Dakota business, government and education entities.
Purpose: To promote the use, growth and development of technology in North Dakota.
Advocate for Favorable Policy
Support policies and initiatives that promote the use, growth and development of technology in North Dakota.
Address Workforce Needs
Actively assist in efforts to build a robust, technology-ready workforce.
Champion the Technology Community
Serve as the voice for the technology sector and celebrate the influence, impact and successes of the technology community.
- Recognized as a leading advocate for technology in North Dakota
- Successfully advocated favorable policy focused on developing workforce, growing the technology economy, creating balance between security and privacy and capitalizing on connectivity
- Promoted technology business development and career opportunities through industry publications and career awareness efforts
- Supported technology industry growth by working with North Dakota economic development professionals and government leaders
- Provided education and networking opportunities for technology professionals through conferences, luncheons, webinars and other online and face-to-face events
- Championed the Dakota Fiber Initiative which spurred investment of more than $900 million in broadband infrastructure